internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] no traffic on the list? how about speed...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: raustin3 AT nc.rr.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] no traffic on the list? how about speed...
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:06:18 -0500

On Feb 26, 2006, at 5:07 PM, Roger Austin wrote:

We live in a school zone and I have seen someone stopped for speeding
in a school zone almost each week for the past month. I have seen the
white SUV unmarked car sitting up on Ridge Road almost every day. It
is amazing that folks will drive so fast when the penalty for school
zone speeding is tough. My guess is that it is a very long zone from
Lacy all the way past Martin Middle. It is hard to do 25mph for that
long.

What I don't get is how most of the problems we have with schools and driving infractions are from parents.

When I walk my daughter to school in the morning parents driving their kids a couple of blocks to school blow right through the stop sign in the walk zone right in front of the school! Right in front of us trying to cross! And I don't mean just not stopping completely, although there's plenty of that, but totally ignoring the stop sign.

This month there was a "speed trap" at one of the intersections on the way to school, and the police cars had people pulled over continuously for four days in a row, one moving violation after the other. And it worked too... A couple of weeks later the cars are still actually stopping at the stop signs.

I used to read, but its faster to just make up stuff. -- Wally
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC