internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] query re: mac software

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jim Allman <jim AT ibang.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] query re: mac software
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 17:06:08 -0500

On Feb 13, 2006, at 4:46 PM, Joel Elliott wrote:
I'm forwarding this query for a friend, but am very interested in what
you might suggest.

I've been using Tinderbox for a couple of years now, and I'm still wading in the shallow end of its capabilities. It's not easy, or pretty, but its design and data model are both deep and clever:
http://eastgate.com/Tinderbox/

If you're looking for something more visually refined, and still quite versatile, check out Zengobi's Curio:
http://www.zengobi.com/

If you're not sure what exactly you need, I'd recommend checking out About This Particular Outliner, a remarkable and long-running survey of Mac software for building outlines and more complex, relational webs of notes:
http://www.atpm.com/Back/atpo.shtml
Warning: This series might suck you in for a few days.

=jimA=

Jim Allman
Interrobang Digital Media
http://www.ibang.com/