internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] windows laptop

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] windows laptop
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:31:30 -0500

On Nov 20, 2005, at 1:38 PM, Steven Champeon wrote:

If you have a Mac, too, get a copy of VirtualPC; that way you can
install as many Windows OSes for testing ad you have disk space for, and
you don't have to worry about buying an immediately obsolete piece of
Wintel hardware. VPC is amazing, if slow; I've run everything from Win95
through W2K (various), WinXP, RedHat ES2, debian, freebsd, etc. under
it; when I was working on the Unix Power Tools book, I had something
like six different distros running at once on my old Powerbook.

That's a great suggestion for her need-- I ran it for many years in order to run Quickbooks mostly, and it is just so darn slow I finally just switched to using Timbuktu to remote control a PC in our lab. Even over a coffee shop wireless network and into our office its faster than Virtual PC.

Run, run, run, as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the stinky cheese man!
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC