internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] newsgroup reader/harvester

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jason Laughlin <jason AT jasonlaughlin.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] newsgroup reader/harvester
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:21:06 -0400

Shea Tisdale wrote:

I'm looking to download some stuff from newsgroups. It will either be
bin/hex or yEnc encoded, maybe rar/par. I'm looking for a good reader
and/or harvester that can download from the group automatically and do all
the unencoding and reassembly. And I'd like it to be a windows app.
Any suggestions?

On windows, I'd been a big fan of PowerGrab for years (latest version is 2.6, I think). It's usually available from the author at cosmicwolf.com, However, his site has been under renovation for a while for some reason. You might be able to download it from another site. If not, I probably have the installation zip at home somewhere and can send it to you.

Since switiching to Linux, I've been quite happy using klibido.

Jason

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/