internetworkers - [internetworkers] Is It A "War On Terror" Or Not?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Is It A "War On Terror" Or Not?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 15:27:43 -0400

Should we remove our troops or not?

Is this a good investment of $400 Billion dollars?

How's that tax break working out for you?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/weeklystandard/20050805/cm_weeklystandard/ bushvrumsfeld;_ylt=AgsZKCr3hvJfIKWEHhKS8Y4__8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTA3YWFzYnA2BHN lYwM3NDI-

LAST WEEK IN THESE PAGES we called attention to the John-Kerry-like attempt of some Bush advisers, led by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, to abandon the term "war on terror." These advisers had been, as the New York Times reported, going out of their way to avoid "formulations using the word 'war.'" The great effort that we had all simplemindedly been calling a war was now dubbed by Rumsfeld the "global struggle against violent extremism." And the solution to this struggle was, according to Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, speaking here as Rumsfeld's cat's-paw, "more diplomatic, more economic, more political than it is military."