internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] 802.11 w/different transmit, receive wattages and gains on different antennas

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Brian Godfrey <bjgodfrey AT gmail.com>
  • To: Greg Brown <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] 802.11 w/different transmit, receive wattages and gains on different antennas
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:55:55 -0400

Are you trying to set this up to do a wireless bridge?

The small dbi gain on the send seems to not give you a very far range
to push. How far are you trying to go with this. Keep in mind that
the higher gain antennas are much more focused so they have a narrower
sweet spot were as the lower gain has a much broader sweet spot.