internetworkers - [internetworkers] Movers/moving assistance recs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Movers/moving assistance recs
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 12:00:15 -0400 (EDT)

Oh crafty internetworkers, I have a dilemma.

My partner and I are renting a truck to move house from Raleigh to Tennessee. We're committed to loading it ourselves - not a problem. However, there is one huge piece of furniture which is a back-breaker, and I'd prefer to hire day labour on the Raleigh end for this one piece. (It won't fit out the front door, so it has to go around the back, down the stairs, then out the side yard. Quel pain.)

Does anyone know of a moving company which just rents labour by the hour? I'd say we'd need 2 people and 1 dolly for an hour. (Or possibly 3 people.) This behemoth took 5 of my friends about 45 mins to bring inside, and I think I expended all my friend-moving-karma in that one go.

Thanks,

Cheers
KJ

"A photograph is neither taken nor seized by force. It offers itself up.
It is
the photo that takes you. One must not take photos." Henri
Cartier-Bresson
www.hungryphotographer.org || www.ibiblio.org/kelly || kelly<*>unc.edu