internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: pounds and international calling cards

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Simon Spero <ses AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: pounds and international calling cards
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:26:23 -0400

Deborah Ellington wrote:

Sounds like you may have your problem solved, but I wanted to weigh in with a little advice that plastic is handled a bit differently over there, in my experience. Nobody really checks your signature against your card in the US, right? Especially in a restaurant, you just sign the slip and walk. I found in London that the

Chargeback rules are different in the UK. Retailer's pay more, so they make sure that servers and register operators do their job.

Lots more info here: http://www.cardwatch.org.uk/index.htm