internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Say it ain't so, Steve...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Say it ain't so, Steve...
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:43:55 -0400

hahahah
that's not what Ballmer thinks (about running an OS on one platform).
There's a not too surprisingly Microsoft bent here at Microsoft
Tech-Ed 2005. Which includes the presence of Linux on many slides.
Clearly, MS feels that Linux is a threat or they wouldn't have so many
comparison slides.
I know this is a little off topic for the thread but it seemed as good
a way as any to bring it up.

Lyman

On 6/7/05, scott reston <lists AT therestons.com> wrote:
> >the Mac experience is all
> >about the OS, the interface
> >and the software...
>

> oh yeah... and the attitude. :)
>
> but really: Jobs is going to make sure that whatever they turn out 'sits
> well' on the hardare... they'll still work just fine together. who cares
> if it's intel inside.
>
> it's actually pretty interesting that apple has been quietly maintaining
> an OS that'll run on two platforms when MS can't seem to create an OS
> that runs reliably on one.
>

> s:r
> scott reston
>
> zman wrote:
> > On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, scott reston wrote:
> >
> >> Bah. My impression is that Mac users couldn't care less about the
> >> hardware as long as it 'gets it done'... the Mac experience is all
> >> about the OS, the interface and the software...
> >

> > Yeah and your impression is wrong. It's the total package, the way the
> > hardware and software work together. Back to windows land for you. :P
> >

> > Scott H. Zekanis
> > zman AT kungfumonkey.com
> > http://www.rod-o-rama.com
> > http://www.thehellbenders.com
> > 1957 Buick Riviera Hardtop (2 dr., 425" Nailhead)
> > 1960 International B100
> > 1923 Buick Roadster (Dual Quad 425" Nailhead) 1990 Ducati 750 Sport
> > ---
> > Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
> > http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
> > You are currently subscribed to InterNetWorkers mailing list
> > To unsubscribe visit
> > http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/internetworkers

And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,
With Ate by his side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial. - Antony