internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Rural Broadband

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Rural Broadband
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 13:14:00 -0400

have you confirmed for sure you don't have access to one of the *DSL services?
My old place in Chatham County (apex mailing address) didn't have
access to cable TV but before I left Bellsouth did start providing
ADSL.

Lyman

On 5/23/05, matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org> wrote:
> Anyone got tips/info on broadband access in North Chatham?
>
> Chapel Hell is getting too pricey for me, but I don't want to have to
> resort to TCP/IP over carrier pigeon. Earthlink satellite is
> $1440/first year and $840/year after that, for admittedly 1999-level
> service. (500 kbps / 60 kbps)
>
> Ideas on high-speed long-distance WIFI? Or perhaps dialing over cell?
>
> Thanks!
> dave m.

And Caesar's spirit, ranging for revenge,
With Ate by his side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch's voice
Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial. - Antony