internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Anyone heard of this website?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Anyone heard of this website?
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 07:14:42 -0400

On May 6, 2005, at 4:43 PM, Scott G. Hall wrote:

The caveat is that they are notorious advertisers. You sign up with
them, and expect a *LOT* of messages. You can't really call it "spam"
because you signed up for it, but in all other regards, you get a lot
of spam from them, and anyone they sell your address to.

Yeah, that's why they contacted me-- trying to sell advertising. Personally I hate getting "newsletters" in email figuring any news that's fit to read will be available on a regular 'ol website, and thus concluded advertising in such a medium would just piss off potential customers. But then you apparently like subscribing to these things, so who knows?

If you like "Dev Web Pro", you might check into C|Net's 'Tech Republic'
"Web Development Zone" newsletter. Here is an example:
http://nl.com.com/view_online_newsletter.jsp?list_id=e055

Or Computerworld's "Web App Development". (see: http:// www.cwrld.com/nl/ )

Or IT Toolbox's "Web Design Doers". Article archives:
http://webdesign.ittoolbox.com/ And don't forget to sign up for the
Web Design Doers blog articles to get them right away.

Thanks,

No place better demonstrates the worst aspects of both the American
character and public policy than the nation's highways.
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC