internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: Everyone Tiger Up?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: Everyone Tiger Up?
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 22:21:45 -0400

zman wrote:
> On Sun, 1 May 2005, Lance A. Brown wrote:
>
>> The linux VPN client works fine as long as you have the most recent
>> version of the client and the VPN server firmware is up to date.
>

> I heard the same thing about the OSX client, if you had the latest
> firmware on the server it works fine, but if you don't you're SOL. And I
> believe there may have been a firmware update on Friday :)

We've been fighting a Cisco VPN problem with the linux client at work
lately. They finally had us upgrade the firmware on the VPN appliance
and, shazam!, the linux VPN client started working. This after we put
at least 30-40 hours of sysadmin time into making the linux client work
with the over-a-year-old firmware we had been running. :-( Grrrr.

As far as I know, Tiger is dead in the water for the Cisco VPN client
currently. We don't even have an ETA for a Tiger-compatible client,
which sucks because our wireless access at work is about to become
via-VPN. No access to intranet at all without VPN. Lots of people are
having to hold off upgrading to Tiger.

--[Lance]

--
Celebrate The Circle http://www.celebratethecircle.org/