internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Firefox ?s

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Firefox ?s
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:16:26 -0400

On 23 Apr 2005 11:24:20 -0400, Paul Jones <pjones AT ibiblio.org> wrote:
> Where is the cache for Firefox in macOS?
> abcnews pulled a story a few hours after I read it and blogged it. I'd like
> to see if it's still cached. Help!
> O'reilly Firefox Hacks may have the answer but I left it at the office.

It appears to be in something like

~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/default.[randomstring]/Cache

[randomstring] is apparently different on different machines, ostensibly to
make it more difficult for viruses to find it. Interestingly enough, I also
have a directory called "Cache.Trash" at the same level as the Cache
directory,
but it's empty for me.

Good luck,
Tanner