internetworkers - [internetworkers] Quicken H&B workshop

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Cheri W. Taylor" <techword AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Quicken H&B workshop
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:58:30 -0400

My nonprofit professional society is offering a workshop at cost on Quicken
Home & Business software on April 30. It's tailored for independent
consultants and small businesses, but not just for technical writers! Please
forward to anyone else who might be interested.
Thanks,
Cheri Taylor

+++++++++++

FACT #1: We'd all rather be out enjoying the balmy spring weather than
thinking about finances.

FACT #2: Finances unfortunately won't just take care of themselves.

FACT #3: With Quicken Home & Business Edition you can keep track of clients
and projects receivables, create and monitor estimates and invoices, and
perform many other useful functions not available with vanilla Quicken.

FACT #4: Quicken's H&B functions are not intuitive. There's almost no
documentation explaining how to use the extended features of Quicken H&B,
and no 3rd party books out there.

+++++++++++

"Arrange a workshop on Quicken H&B" you challenged us. Easier said than
done. Most accountants use Quickbooks, which is overkill (as well as much
pricier) for us tech writers. Besides which, we needed to find someone who
not only knows WHAT to do, and HOW to do it in Quicken H&B, but can also
TEACH it.

But we persevered, and Eureka! - at last, with the help of Wake Tech's
Business & Industry Center, we've found someone who not only teaches
classes in Quicken and other software packages, but is also a practising
accounting professional.

Ta da! It is our pleasure to present:
FIGURING YOUR FINANCES WITH QUICKEN H&B (Saturday, April 30)

We've slashed the workshop price to just $75 for STC members ($85 for
non-members). This is an unbelievably low price for a FULL DAY workshop of
this type. As many people already have Quicken H&B, this price does not
include the software, but we will point you to where you can obtain a
licensed copy of Quicken Premier Home & Business 2005 at a fraction of the
list price.

DON'T MISS THIS ONE-TIME OPPORTUNITY! SIGN UP NOW!!!
This workshop will help you make sense of different financial functions and
requirements, show you how to set up and manage these tasks in Quicken H&B,
and keep track of your different projects. Master those essential
money-management chores so you can focus on your writing.

+++++++++++

WHEN: Saturday, April 30, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
WHERE: Business & Industry Ctr (BIC), Waverly Place, Cary
COST: $75 (non-STC $85)
CONTACT: Cheri Taylor, 919-380-3788,
<mailto:techwords AT pobox.com>techwords AT pobox.com

For directions, registration, and full details visit
The Training Hub at: www.stc-carolina.org/training/

Frances Wirth
Training Manager, STC Carolina Chapter
919-552-1669, wirth AT peoplepc.com

  • [internetworkers] Quicken H&B workshop, Cheri W. Taylor, 04/19/2005