internetworkers - [internetworkers] rec. for 802.11x access points?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Joel Elliott" <joel_elliott AT unc.edu>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] rec. for 802.11x access points?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:34:22 -0500

Hello all:

Anyone have a recommendation for 802.11x wireless access points that
work well with both Mac and PC clients? We've used consumer 802.11b
Linksys hardware in the past with mixed results -- we seem to have
consistent trouble with Mac clients. In any case, we need to upgrade to
802.11b/g and want to make sure any access point(s) work well with Mac
OS-X as well as Windows users.

Small number of users -- probably 5-10 simultaneous users, but would
like to handle 25 max.

Someone has recommended the Apple Airport Extreme -- would others
concur?

Will probably need support for an external antenna, and likely need to
link 2 or 3 APs together.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Joel

Joel Elliott