internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Shopping Cart Software Recommendations?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Shopping Cart Software Recommendations?
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:57:26 -0500

The major PITA I have found with osCommerce is the system of extending the
base functionality, since there are many things it does not do
out-of-the-box.

Lots of folks create great add-ons for the system, but they are not
modular--people, modify parts of the main application (php files). If you
use one add-on, not much of a problem, but if you want to use two, you have
to do a document comparison of any file they both alter, and manually merge
them. Good luck trying to use more than two. You have to go through the same
process to upgrade either add-on, or when there is an osCommerce upgrade.

After one project with osCommerce, we decided it was better to use a
commercial application.

David

--
DesignHammer Media Group, LLC : 919.544.0086 : http://www.designhammer.com