internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Laptop Recommendations: DVD Burner?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Laptop Recommendations: DVD Burner?
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:29:33 -0500

Colleen,

If cost is a concern you could skip buying the DVD burner for now and if you
later decide you need one you could always buy an external one. I have a
cheap ($36) USB 2.0 PC Card stuck in my laptop and an external 8x USB 2.0
dual layer DVD-RW drive attached to it which cost about $160 back in
November and is plenty quick for my purposes. When and if you decide you
need one, they may be even cheaper than that. Of course an external drive
does not have the same compact portability as an internal one and how
suitable it is would depend entirely on what you would want to do with it.

- Bill