internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Contract terms

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Craig Duncan <craigduncan AT entuend.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Contract terms
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 15:28:30 -0000

DonBartholf AT aol.com wrote:

Who knows about typical features of a contract job. I've heard they typically pay a straight hourly rate with no benefits. That's pretty simple. What happens if you get sick with the flu and don't go in. Or can you take vacation/ personal time? If the contract is for 6 months, can they whack you earlier, can you dump them for a permanent job? Is a non compete clause typical? What else would be good to know?
Don Bartholf