internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Recommendations for WYSIWYG HTML editor?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Recommendations for WYSIWYG HTML editor?
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:25:42 -0500

On Mar 3, 2005, at 8:58 AM, Michael Czeiszperger wrote:

On Mar 2, 2005, at 10:51 PM, Kurt Schlatzer wrote:

What did you install DW on? I've never had problems with it and I've used it
since the beta days.

Just an 800MHz, 1G Powerbook running OSX 10.3.8.

Well, then something is wrong somewheres. My ancient 667MHz PowerBook with only 512MB of RAM (also running 10.3.8) runs flawlessly, if not a bit slow.

In all the dozens of DreamWeaver installs, I've never had problems like you've described.

* Have you got that Hardware Diagnostics disk?

* Do you install a lot of "garbage" on your system?
[i.e. Barbie(TM) games, weather dock, etc]

* Does anyone besides you use the machine?

These are the first things which popped into mind (as possibly causes for simple stuff not working right). Either it is a hardware problem or too much junk in the trunk.

There is a commonly-recommended fix on OS X called "Repair Permissions." I believe it exists in the Disk Utility tool. Select your disk and choose "Repair Permissions." Then reboot. Fixes an amazing large number of issues.

Good luck!
dave m.