internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Treo follow up

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Bill Geschwind <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Treo follow up
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:09 -0500

The Treo 600 is essentially available in two basic, mutually incompatible
versions, namely one for GSM (Cingular, I believe T-Mobile, etc.) and one
for CDMA (Sprint and Verizon) Networks. Obviously you would need to get one
that matches the network technology of your carrier. I believe so-called
unlocked Treos are available for GSM networks, but am not sure about the
CDMA ones. Do a search in the forums on www.treocentral.com for more
details.

- Bill
___