internetworkers - [internetworkers] Hypothetical Road Trip

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Hypothetical Road Trip
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:10:34 -0500

I am planning a hypothetical two week road trip and I am
looking for any ideas for "don't miss"/"don't bother" places
to visit along the way. It becomes anti hypothetical later.
The trip would start in Raleigh, go West to Berea and
Paducah, KY, to St. Louis and Kansas City, MO. From KC through
Iowa to La Crosse, WI, then back to Raleigh through the great
Midwest. Then again, the itenerary might be reversed or
embellished if necessary.
Y'all of infinite travel experiences: what places have you or
your beloved been that were worth visiting? We are older so no
heavy treking is possible. I'm mostly interested in historical
sites, museums, scenery, great drives, craft stuff, Etc.
Anything related to quilting is a plus to my sweetheart (thus
the Paducah stop).
I would mostly be interested in the great eating establishments,
museums, Etc. Anyone had barbeque in St. Louis and/or Kansas City?
Any ideas, suggestions, or comments are welcome. Thanks, Roger
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.