internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] hackers and foodies

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Wolfe, Joanna" <joanna.wolfe AT oup.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] hackers and foodies
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:53:50 -0500

I keep getting suckered into making wedding cakes for family and
friends.
Of course these are made with all sorts of things that are bad for you
- but how often does one go to a wedding?
And I donate baked goods (that travel well) to auction sites (which
reminds me I have to make scotch shortbread and ship it to CA...)

Of late I've been converting recipes to being South Beach friendly,
which is fairly easy to do, as long as you are willing to experiement.
Interestingly, you can make meringues with Splenda, but they come out
the consistancy of styrofoam.
Joanna

<snip!>