internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Eye Tricks [Was: Image Puzzle]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: thomas <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Eye Tricks [Was: Image Puzzle]
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 23:04:21 -0500

I don't know, but curses to Evan for getting me started on this! I'm
still stuck on the 5th one. I'm hoping it isn't a cipher. Any suggestions?

TaB

Alan MacHett wrote:
What are these sorts of images called? I forgot...

http://www.etienne.nu/imagepuz/tykca.htm

Has anyone ever heard of nested versions of these? ...unfocus the original
dot-picture to see the embedded object, then have to unfocus *that* image
to see the next??? I've forgotten what trick of the eye it is that even
allows these images to work, so I'm not sure if it permits nesting.

How do such images rate in steganographic analysis? I mean, these
pictures are well-enough known that people immediately recognize that
there's something hidden in them, but would bit analysis reveal that?

Is there software that one can get to make them?

Alan
...contemplating the security or
cryptographic use of such images

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

Thomas A. Beckett, JD & MBA Business Law and Consulting
828-713-1668 <http://www.tbeckett.com> 919-824-5696
Authentication instructions: <http://www.tbeckett.com/verification.html>