internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] DVD region conversion

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] DVD region conversion
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:32:12 -0500

why not make a bit-by-bit copy of the DVD file? burn it to another DVD. test out the backup DVD. then you can send off a copy and not the original.

i think most OSes have DVD burning applications nowadays...

also, i just heard about this and have no personal experience, but i've heard you can tell your computer's DVD player to "switch regions." thus, you could put yours into Thailand mode and view the DVD. (i heard this in relation to Macintosh computers, so YMMV).