internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Google [Yahoo] Video

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Google [Yahoo] Video
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:02:27 -0500 (EST)

and they both copied someplace called BlinkX...:

http://ployer.com/archives/2005/01/yahoo_google_fo.php

"Internet Giants Google Inc. and Yahoo! yesterday introduced a new service
allowing users to search video content aimed at revolutionizing the way
people watch TV. The introduction of this Service follows a month old
video search service from the search engine Blinkx. Blinkx already allows
users to search 15 video services, including the BBC, ITV and Sky News
channels. It claims to have already built up an archive of 42,000 hours of
video and recently signed a deal to feature Fox News content. Meanwhile
the Guardian UK. reports the BBC is working on an interactive media
player, which will allow users to watch any show broadcast over the
previous seven days, is expected to launch this year."

In reference to Alan MacHett's message: