internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Tiger Beat Bill Gates

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Tiger Beat Bill Gates
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:51:04 -0500

There is a whole string of comments pointing out questions with the photo
here:

http://blog.monkeymethods.org/2005/01/bill-gates-strikes-pose-for-teen-beat.html

No one seems to think photoshop though -- probably just a later
magazine picture than first thought.

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:20:37 -0500 (EST), Sil Greene <quack AT ibiblio.org>
wrote:

> i think that style of phone is much older than you think. it seems
> perfectly appropriate in that picture. yeah, it looks like it has a
> large, modern LCD, but LCDs have been around a while, and just because
> it's the size of a 3x5" note card doesn't mean it displays more than 4
> lines.
>
> btw, is that a Lisa or Mac Classic in the background? heeheehee...
>
> --s
>
> from Wolfe, Joanna:
> >
> > are we really sure these aren't photoshopped?
> >
> > Look at the office equipment, the chair, the phone.
> > jw

Evan

evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com