internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] FM Radio -> Audio CD

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] FM Radio -> Audio CD
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:26:48 -0500

there's a very easy way, if you don't mind mimicking old analog taping
setups of the past: buy one of those home component CD burners.

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/catOid/-12942/N/20012898+20012900+20012942/link/ref/rpem/ccd/categorylist.do

I have one, and it will record any signal input from the amp directly to
CD, real-time. I bought it so I could burn CDs of my old mixtapes, but
if your amp has a tuner, or you have a component tuner, you can use that
as input. Now, it's not direct digital, in that what's being burned is
the analog output from the amp, but the sound quality is not noticeably
affected.

FWIW,
Paula