internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] FM Radio -> Audio CD

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] FM Radio -> Audio CD
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 00:22:08 -0500

This may be a bit more obscure, but also cheaper -- if you're on a mac
and there is a digital stream (many radio stations offer them these
days) you can use a program called RadioLover (~$20 I think?) to
capture it and save to mp3 or what have you. Then it's just a matter
of burning the cd.

Evan

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:29:33 -0800, Calvin Powers <calvin AT cspowers.com> wrote:
> Very cool! Thanks for the pointer.
> --cp
>
> David Rasch wrote:
>
> > Calvin Powers wrote:
> >
> >> Howdy,
> >>
> >> I want to be able to record an FM Radio signal and (eventually) get
> >> it onto an audio CD that I can play in my car later.
> >>
> >> No, the broadcasters don't have an audio stream on the web at this
> >> point.
> >>
> >> So any suggestions on the best way to do this with a minimal number
> >> of steps, heartache, and expense?
> >

> > Google for a new product called "Radio Shark." This is the TiVo for
> > the radio waves. It will record the radio in digital formats on
> > whatever schedule you like. You could then record these files onto CD
> > for playback wherever!
> >
> > Best of luck,
> > David
> > ---
> > Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
> > http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
> > You are currently subscribed to InterNetWorkers mailing list
> > To unsubscribe visit
> > http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/internetworkers

Evan

evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com