internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Combatting Ring Withdrawl

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Combatting Ring Withdrawl
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 02:32:55 -0500 (EST)

They still didn't fix my least favorite movie-translation: Gimli and
Legolas were supposed to arrive at the battle of the Peleanor(sp?) Fields
with the Rohirrim. Aragorn was to travel the Dwimmerdale road alone. :(

OTOH, now that the extended edition is out, i'm finally allowed to reread
the books. This is cause for much celebration. :)

--s

from Michael Czeiszperger:
.:
.:This Christmas has been somewhat of a letdown with no LOTR movie to look
.:forward to, but thankfully the extended version was just released. I've had
.:mine pre-ordered for months, and I was finally able to watch it last night.
.:The extra 50 minutes for Return of the King was such a huge improvement its
.:like a different movie. The extra scenes, many with expensive computer
.:effects, add so much to the understanding of the plot making it much more
.:enjoyable for me at least. Its still difficult to forgive them for leaving
.:out my personal favorite part of the book, the scouring of the shire, but
I'm
.:almost over that.
.:
.:http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000634DCW/102-3287732