internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] 6th Anniversary

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers:http"@happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/ <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] 6th Anniversary
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:33:17 -0500

Thanks, Uzoma! I am finally digging myself out from under a landslide of messages to deliver my final report on the December 2004 Give Fest. Sorry, all, for the delay.

Three heavy boxes were express shipped out of Carrboro yesterday. I didn't get to send them Monday because I instead went to Mal*Wart to flesh out the request list. Here is the breakdown:

Box 1: pads of paper, pencils and pens (presumably for schoolchildren)
Box 2: all sorts of toiletries and personal health supplies
Box 3: all sorts of candy, snacks, toys and little goofy things

I figured USPS could express mail it to the APO and hopefully the Army will move it along from there. Doubtful that we'll hit Christmas, but it should be close to that time. I had fun gathering everything and sending it over. I hope they can all enjoy a little slice of home via everyone's generosity. Many thanks to everyone who brought something to donate!

My soldier friend has been putting some photos up on the interweb and I got his permission to forward along the link.

http://www.richardwduncan.com/iraq.htm

The local charity donation drive was slightly less spectacular than in years past. I think Rebecca was the only one to bring any clothes and household items, but still I thank her for her generosity! I attribute this to the idea that we've been making InterNetWorkers donate their items for years now, so maybe everyone has already donated all the stuff they had available for such purposes! I like that idea. Anyway, I dropped that bag of stuff by Carrboro PTA on my way to campus this morning.

All is well in InterNetWorker land. :)

Anyone who would like to send their own package over, needs an address, or other assistance related to this, please send me an email. It may take me a day or two, but I will get back to you. I promise!

And yes - the INW Trolls are working at a maddening pace to line up the January 2005 gathering - which will probably be in Durham, Raleigh or Cary. Never know - could be Chapel Hill. Definitely not Carrboro, tho.

Peace and love,
dave m.