internetworkers - [internetworkers] 6th Anniversary

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] 6th Anniversary
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 09:56:18 -0500 (EST)

Good Morning, All!

Well, THAT was fun! Good turnout last night. Sorry to have missed a few
people, and welcome to any new faces! Nice to meet you, Chad; you seem to
have passed the trial by fire. ;)

BigLee, Sil, Rebecca, and I closed out the event late in the evening, just
so's all you wimpy "I gotta sleep" types know. ;)

As always, lots of good discussion was to be had, of course
well-lubricated by draughts from the bar. I heard discussions of
everything from "running through the jungle" to the varying definitions of
music over time to the merits or malfeasance of various flavors of Linux
to etc., etc... Notice there wasn't any politics in there? Maybe we
could apply that concept to the list now? I really don't want to have to
wait till February...

And thanks to Matooz for Outkast AND Garth Brooks...!

I arrived a smidgeon late, so I might have missed any early announcements.
How did the collection drive go, Uzi, Dave? I saw a few boxes being
carried out...

Lastly, is it Durham next?

peace and good Friday to you all!
Alan