internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Tivo

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Tivo
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:14:53 -0500

As of yet, I don't think Tivo does the individual tracking that we fear, at
least not that they are admitting. I just read a US News article about the
president of Nielsen Media Research (the world-famous TV Ratings company),
and it discussed Tivo--in that Tivo did not gather enough info to make their
user stats useful to either Nielsen.

David