internetworkers - [internetworkers] photostamps - poopieheads

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: rua AT mindspring.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] photostamps - poopieheads
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:01:39 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

In the interest of giving value to Dan Wilson's plea for topic change, I'll
offer the following before my pointed retort:

"stamps.com Inc. said it had won approval from the U.S. Postal Service for a
trial run of personalized postage that allows consumers to slap their
favorite photos on officially recognized stamps for postcards, letters and
packages. " To offer up some brainstorming fun, what are the potential abuses
or opportunities of this offering?

Don

Z,

Regarding: "I guess you must just have a very active imagination and/or buy
into the bullshit neo-con propaganda."

I do have an active imagination. Thanks. I strongly recommend it, instead of
assuming differing opinions are only the result of religion, greed,
mindlessness, or stupidity. I would argue that an active imagination is a key
asset of philosphers, mathematicians, and those who diligently seek an
improved understanding of the world.

I read the digest version of INW, and saw that the Target topic attracted a
number of opinions, so I offered one. If you want to make an alternative case
of what causes contibuted to a reversal of Target's long held position, go
right ahead. I fail to see the value of countering my assertion with the
equivalent of "you're a poopie-head!". Of course I'm a poopie-head, but that
doesn't take the discussion beyond what we already know, does it?

amplector dissensio, no metuo

  • [internetworkers] photostamps - poopieheads, rua, 11/20/2004