internetworkers - [internetworkers] Things you don't want to see sticking out of your tire!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Things you don't want to see sticking out of your tire!
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:08:51 -0500

This is just random enough that I felt the need to share.

I was almost home Monday evening when I started hearing a "ker-thump,
ker-thump, ker-thump" coming from my tire. Thinking I had a flat I stopped
but discovered that my tires were all still inflated. After a bit, though, I
found what appeared to be something like the top of a chair leg with a
screw sticking out of it stuck into my tire! Rather than changing the tire
right there, I slowly limped home and changed it there using my nicer
hydraulic jack. This morning, my wife took it in to get fixed and this is
what got pulled out:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/clubjuggler/64361.html

I'm not quite sure what that is, so if anyone knows, I'd love to hear.

So, if your day isn't going that well, just be thankful you don't have
random things like this sticking out of your car tires!

Cheers,
Tanner