internetworkers - [internetworkers] Uzi alert-- gallery press release

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: uzoma nwosu <uzoma.nwosu AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Uzi alert-- gallery press release
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:28:20 -0500

The following is some info for those of you who may have missed the
last gallery event. This show is going to be absolutely crazy. Of
course, this is a plug. :)

And don't forget that it's happeing this Friday!

uzoma

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:33:24 -0500, heather AT wootini.com

<heather AT wootini.com> wrote:
> here it is:
>
> Local Art Toy Store Unveils First Production at Gallery Show.
> Carrboro, NC — In February 2004, Wootini and Jermaine Rogers had a dream: to
> bring Jermaine's rock poster art character, Dero, to life. And on the
> evening
> of November 19th, that's exactly what will happen.
>
> Wootini, founded by Michael Maher, an art toy store located in the Carr Mill
> Mall in Carrboro, NC, first approached Jermaine Rogers earlier this year to
> work on the piece together. "A friend of mine introduced me to Jermaine's
> work
> last year. When we approached [Jermaine] about producing Dero, he was very
> open
> to the idea", says Maher. "This is a whole new medium for him, and he was
> excited to try it."
>
> Jermaine's usual medium is the rock art poster; he has created specialized
> versions for artists like David Bowie, The Cure, Morrissey, Radiohead, and
> Queens of the Stone Age, as well as many other musical groups. The unusual
> thing about his posters is that he disregards a bands image, and, instead,
> incorporates his own developed story into each poster. This process has
> taken
> years, and is an ongoing work of art and storytelling.
>
> There are some artists in our area that are excited to try a new medium as
> well.
> The Dero Tribute Show will feature such locally based artists as Casey
> Burns,
> David Rose, Paul Friedrichs, Ron Liberti, Dale Flattum, Forrest Steele,
> Michael
> Traister, Jerstin, Joe Kinder, and Sin Ltd., creating their interpretation
> of
> Rogers' work. Jermaine will be on hand for the opening, with loads of his
> rock poster art for sale, and will be available for questions and a signing
> of
> both his posters and 3-D art.
>
> The opening reception will be held on Friday, November 19th, from 7pm –
> 12am in
> the Carr Mill Mall's "Resuscitated Pilgrim" Gallery. Wine and cheese will
> be
> served, along with some tunes from DJ Uzi, host of the "Family" downtempo DJ
> troupe. The Dero show will run through December 3rd.
>
> The Resuscitated Pilgrim Gallery And can be contacted here:
> is located in the Carr Mill Mall at:
>
> 200 N. Greensboro St. 919.933.6061
> Carrboro, NC 27510 store AT wootini.com
> At the corner of Weaver St. Store hours: m-f 10-8 s 10-6 n
> 12-5

> For additional information and questions, please contact:
> Heather Yurko
> Wootini LLC
> 919.933.6061 (store+gallery)
> 919.960.8030 (office+fax)
> heather AT wootini.com

  • [internetworkers] Uzi alert-- gallery press release, uzoma nwosu, 11/16/2004