internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] PTO vs Standard Leave

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Matt Frye <mattfrye AT gmail.com>
  • To: cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] PTO vs Standard Leave
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 07:14:28 -0500

Hi Colleen,
I am not sure if this helps, since I work at Rex and I'm not sure
how close our plans were/are. We get 8hrs of PTO per pay period, so
effectively 26 days per calendar year. We don't get holidays, i.e. we
have to use PTO for Christmas, New Year, etc and not all national
holidays are Rex holidays. For example, it's not customary for
everyone (if you get my meaning) to take off for MLK day.
We get 24 hours per year of bereavement leave, but as I understand it,
it's hard to get approval for that and GA and HR are not above asking
to see a death certificate. Hell, they wanted to see my separation
agreement before they'd take my former wife off my insurance.
In any case, it's not the best plan out there, but it can be argued
that we get other benfits out of the deal. Hope that helps.

Matt