internetworkers - [internetworkers] We Are Still Operating From Fear.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "MBS" <info AT mindbenderstudios.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] We Are Still Operating From Fear.
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 19:31:13 -0500

I believe we are over thinking the rationalization for why
Bush won. People vote that which they are predisposed
to. If you grew up in a culture that aligned themselves with
republican you vote republican and visa versa for democrat.

We then pick the best rationalization for our actions so that
we can maintain the facade of higher cognitive reasoning.
The propensity to hold onto that which seems natural for us
is as real and powerful as our primal fight or flight response.

Occasionally one will evolve to think, respond and be accountable
to the realities of cause and affect, but it's apparent that this
trait is becoming more rare.

For me, there were two motivations for voting for Bush,
fear and traditionalism. It's all I can think of as to why one
would vote to keep him in power while his dismal results
are so clear.

For me I am most disappointed with my fellow Americans
primarily because I cannot ignore this one truth, fear and vision
cannot occupy the same body. We are still on our knees and
cowering from fear since 911. It hurts me to the core to see
us so called world leaders still operating so completely from fear.

Steve S.

  • [internetworkers] We Are Still Operating From Fear., MBS, 11/05/2004