internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] US-Canadian Mail

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Kelly Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] US-Canadian Mail
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:02:35 -0400 (EDT)

> perscription drugs perhaps?
> porn?
> what else comes in a plain brown wrapper?
> sounds to me like homeland security issues (or being justified as).

All the pr0n coming into Canada has to pass the customs filters and has
had to for a long time.

Except of course they reject mainstream gay and lesbian magazines (not
porn) and other LGBT material too.
Thanks Andrea Dworkin.
See also
http://www.freedomtoread.ca/censorship_in_canada/darts_and_laurels.asp

See the Smoking Gun's article on this not too long ago:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0823041canada1.html

(and yes, South Park made it through:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0823041canada17.html)

Cheers