internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Sinclair Broadcasting - Pro or Con -Fellatio?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Sinclair Broadcasting - Pro or Con -Fellatio?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 11:50:25 -0400

Sinclair Broadcast Group just represents good 'ol American moralistic and pro-capitalism values. What are you -- a communist?? :)

http://www.observer.com/pages/story.asp?ID=9001

"Owning and operating dozens of local TV stations from its headquarters in Baltimore, this Sinclair outfit is regarded within the broadcasting industry as so extreme that Fox News Channel seems fair and balanced by comparison."

"In the ominously named News Central feed that the company provides nightly to its 62 stations, scripts and studios are designed to create the illusion that the national broadcast originates locally. From hundreds of miles away, the local anchor in Madison or Minneapolis will ask the Sinclair weatherman, who is actually in a Baltimore suburb, whether to bring an umbrella tomorrow, pretending they’re in the same studio. Marty Haag, a professor of journalism at Southern Methodist University who has studied Sinclair’s methods, calls them "simply, purely deceptive."

"Indeed, the Smiths of Sinclair embody several of the most typical characteristics of their ideological cohort—including the delightful twist of moralizing hypocrisy. For example, Mr. Smith, the chief executive and married father of two, was busted in a company car several years ago while cavorting with a professional woman of pleasure. (At the moment when the police intervened, she was reportedly performing the same kind of oral endearments that outraged Republicans when Monica Lewinsky did them for free.)"