internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] capitalism not stultifying restaurants

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: B <beeline AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] capitalism not stultifying restaurants
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 12:31:03 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Don said:

<...>
> Lost in the fast food pessimism, is one of the best benefits...clean
> restaurants where the water won't give you dysentery. Before chains, and
> uber-competition, there was no telling what you might get in a restaurant
> you weren't familiar with. <...>

**Government regulations** are what make it safe to eat in a strange
restaurant without worrying overmuch about TB, dysentery, etc., etc.
**Government regulations** allow us to sip municipal water from the tap
without fear, purchase raw foods from unknown markets with impunity, drive
over bridges without thinking twice, et cetera.

Government. Regulations.

~B