internetworkers - [internetworkers] Steakhouses you should try

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Marcia <msmartin AT ccbeunet.br>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Steakhouses you should try
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:24:01 -0300

I’ve been to the ones in Raleigh and Durham. "Chamas", in Durham, is the most
authentic one, but "Rio" is very good too. They all take reservations.

Finally!
The Triangle has been introduced to a unique and wildly successful casual-
dining experience based on the time-honored Brazilian culinary concept of
rodizio (progression of all you can eat barbecued meats served at your
table).
A Carrousel of all you can eat mouthwatering meats to suit the taste of just
about everyone. Prepared and barbecued just the way it’s done in Brazil—in
the
tradition of the gauchos who developed the method in the 16th century—the
rodizio experience encourages diners to eat at their own pace.

More than 16 different kinds of barbequed meat are carried to your table on
skewers by passadores who slice selections directly onto your plate. The menu
traditionally includes lamb, pork, chicken and several different kinds of
beef, as well as venison, ostrich, ham, ribs, sausages, elk bison, turkey and
veal. Along with the various meats barbecued over an open pit using natural
wooden charcoal, comes the grand salad bar and Brazilian hot buffet dishes.

"The idea is to go, relax and enjoy. You don't have to eat all the meat at
the
same time—you can pick the ones you like. At the salad bar, you can serve
yourself at your leisure. You control the meat flow with signal cards at your
table: the red side of the card means, 'Stop' or 'I'm taking a break'
or 'Please, no more!!!'; the green one means, 'Keep it coming!'"

If you like the idea, we have 3 options here at the Triangle.

Raleigh:
Rio Churrascaria (www.riosteakhouse.com)
9650-145 Strickland Rd
Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: (919) 846-6560

Cary: (MacGregor Village's where Fox and Hound used to be)
Rio Churrascaria (www.riosteakhouse.com/Cary)
107 Edinburgh Drive South, Suit 119
Cary, NC 27511
Phone: (919) 463-0410

Durham: (the only one actually owned by a Brazilian)
Chamas Churrascaria (www.chamas.us)
905 West Main Street, Suite 115
Durham, NC 27701
Phone: (919) 682-1309

WebMail Litoral Internet
www.litoral.com.br

  • [internetworkers] Steakhouses you should try, Marcia, 09/28/2004