internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Triumph of the Stultocracy

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Triumph of the Stultocracy
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:15:58 -0400

On Sep 28, 2004, at 6:46 AM, James Dasher wrote:
I wasn't deriding you for knowing more than other people, and I wasn't belittling your profession. Other than the "collective stupidity of the nation" bit, I wasn't really talking about you specifically. The point is that you think those things are worth knowing. I happen to agree with you. But I've met people who could give two sh#ts, and I've gotta tell you, they have pretty convincing arguments for why it doesn't matter. (And to be honest, your vote and your knowledge matter less and less every day. Capping the number of U.S. Representatives ensures that your vote will count for less each and every election than it did the previous election.)

The problem is not only are we deciding the election based on different opinions, we're also deciding it based on different facts as well.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts" -- Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC