internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Intellectual Rights Kills Anti-Spam Measure

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Intellectual Rights Kills Anti-Spam Measure
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:19:58 -0400

I'm over simplifying, but it really doesn't matter. This was a proposal
whereby all mail server operators would register their servers for an ID.
This ID would effectively prevent spoofing or so they say.
http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/twc/privacy/spam_senderid.mspx

Microsoft began taking signups a while back and one of the largest groups to
sign up were known spammers...so much for that working.
http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-22_11-5359253.html