internetworkers - [internetworkers] bright ideas on transferring email?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sasha Akhavi <sasha.akhavi AT alumni.brown.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] bright ideas on transferring email?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 20:15:31 -0400

Hi folks - somebody must know how to do this (possibly everyone but me). I've occasionally had the need to transfer email that I've accumulated in a client on one machine to another one. Currently I want to transfer a couple mailboxes' worth from Apple's mail program on my wife's iBook, which we used during an extended trip, to Eudora on our iMac. Previously, I've had to export all the emails to a single text file if I wanted to save them at all after losing access to the previous computer. Naturally, then I lose any indexing ability, etc. Anyone got a better idea? Sasha