internetworkers - [internetworkers] recap: where to find jobs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Heather Hesketh <heather AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] recap: where to find jobs
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:54:25 -0400

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about where you have the best luck looking for jobs. It is helpful in directing my company's recruitment efforts. Here is a recap of what was shared with us, in case anyone else might find this information helpful:

* Networking was tied with recruiters. So, if you're an employer or HR executive, it could be well worth your time to attend events like ING.

* Staffing agencies or recruiters was tied with networking - specific names shared were Jill Kuhn at Randstad, Justin Berg at Robert Half, and Dan Scocca at Act1.

* jobs.triangle.com

* www.trianglejobs.com

* dice.com

* monster.com - got 3 recommends, with one caution that their former employer got 500+ responses, with maybe 2% of them qualified.

* careerbuilder.com

* www.flipdog.com

* www.raleighhatchet.com - This was is a stretch, but could be good for the demographic of "hip, techie, literary crowd."

* STC has a job bank: http://www.stc-carolina.org/jobs/weeklyjobs.shtml