internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] waterproof pants

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: DonBartholf AT aol.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] waterproof pants
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:57:32 EDT

In a message dated 9/7/04 2:11:27 PM Central Daylight Time, jeremyp AT pobox.com writes:

There's a Carhart retailer on NC55 just south of NC54, although I
haven't ever been in there.

The name of the place is Paynes Power Tools.  It will be on the right going south on 55, a little past the ABC store, remember you are going to Paynes not the ABC.

A great place to ogle construction grade tools of all kinds as well as clothes. Allow plenty of time. Grunting, aka Home Improvement,  is allowed, but be professional. Puns involving the word "tool" are not allowed.

I personally would favor golf rain gear with some sort of space age fibers. I have a set of rain pants which I pull over my dress pants and largish rain windbreaker. Buy a set one or two sizes too big. They are very lightweight and pack in to a small tote sack. I use them for camping and hurricane travel as well as golf. The issue with rain gear of any sort would be its ability to let moisture inside get out. The Carhart products are first rate but lose their repellency with washing.

Don