internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] waterproof pants

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Sil Greene" <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] waterproof pants
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:04:34 -0400 (EDT)

dave m wrote:
> hey INW listers --
>
> anyone have the inside skinny on some good weather-fighting garments?

Check out Carhart clothing; their products are more geared for outdoor
workers (think construction et al) but are very well made. Some of them
might even pass for business casual. Here's an example of their
water-repellent pants:

http://www.supercasuals.com/dspItemDetail.cfm?Product_ID=20&aff=81220

Google around; I'm sure you can find other places online that sell them.
I'm not sure what local retailers might carry them, however.

You might also consider asking an REI or Great Outdoor Provision Company
to special-order some khakis in your (estimated) sizes. GOPC is a
locally-owned chain with stores in Raleigh and Durham:

http://www.greatoutdoorprovision.com/
http://www.greatoutdoorprovision.com/locations.html

[...]