internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Google!?? you're kidding, right?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Google!?? you're kidding, right?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:16:12 -0400

Alan MacHett said the following on 8/27/04 4:16 PM:

Having not cared about the link till Dave's aneurysm, I didn't realize it
approximated "RTFM". Heh.

OTOH, this is akin to someone asking for directions and you responding "Go
buy a fucking map, buddy!"

It takes considerably less time to elicit volunteered information than to
have to search for it. An internet search via Google doesn't produce very
many hits, a few hundred at most, but it still requires more time to slog
through that to find someplace local or mail-/online-order to buy the
damned thing than to simply ask for directions.

And "All smart people use Google"??? RRiiiiiiight! Step away from the
crack pipe!! Google my ass. Let's try "All smart people use Windows" or
"All smart people watch MSNBC ... or CNN" .... all smart people do what
eeeeeeverybody else does.

All smart people know where the hell they should be in the first place and
use the site's local/internal search engine, which knows a helluva lot
more than Google because Google doesn't give a rat's ass about relevance,
only how fucking popular it is to the bloggers.

</soapbox>
Alan

How about: All smart people don't get so fscking upset over something so
trivial. Soapboxes are overrated. If you wanted me to understand and
appreciate your position, you did a lousy job. Perhaps I should tell you
to RTFM on persuasion? O:-)

Cheers,
Tanner