internetworkers - [internetworkers] Grand Challenge

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Corey M. Wilson" <corey_wilson AT earthlink.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Grand Challenge
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:16:01 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Hi all,

A good buddy of mine is competing in the 2005 Darpa Grand Challenge
(http://www.darpa.mil/grandchallenge/) and is looking for sponsors. His
robotics company has done some pretty
(http://robotics.jpl.nasa.gov/tasks/mre/homepage.html) cool
(http://playerstage.sourceforge.net/gazebo/gazebo.html) stuff
(http://www-2.cs.cmu.edu/~deano/Landmark/), and I think he has a good chance
at completing the course. Anybody know anyone who is interested in getting
their (or their company's) name on the side of an autonomous vehicle?
Anybody know anyone who wants to donate a vehicle?

Any help is appreciated and no amount is too small. This is a really cool
event and it drew a lot of press last year - even though no team got further
than eight miles through the course. As a further incentive, I have day play
passes and tickets to the US Open Golf Tournament at Pinehurst.

Let me know off-list: wilson AT iticentral.com

Thanks,
--cw

  • [internetworkers] Grand Challenge, Corey M. Wilson, 08/12/2004