internetworkers - [internetworkers] Virus Removal, Adware Removal and Spyware removal help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Joyce McCloy" <jmc27106 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Virus Removal, Adware Removal and Spyware removal help
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:21:22 -0400

Hi.

I had problems on both computers, until I installed some free protection.
Since installing these free utilities, I have NO adware or spyware, no
hijacking
of my browser or auto dialers.

These items listed below are free, yet priceless:

Zonealarm
firewall, keeps intruders out:
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/znalm/freeDownload.js

Spybot-S&D
removes spyware:
http://www.safer-networking.org/

Spyware Blaster
Keeps spyware off of your computer
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/

Ad-aware 6 at:
http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=b
utton

These take care of problems that virus software doesn't.
The sites also offer you more elaborate versions that they charge for, but
I just stick with the free ones.

Still, you should run the spybot and ad aware about once a week to clean up
the computer.
You don't have to run the spyware blaster. Just check for updates now and
then.
The zone alarm does not require any weekly checks

Joyce McCloy
Coordinator, N.C. Coalition for Verifiable Voting
Winston-Salem, NC 27106-4919
phone 336-794-1240
email: ncverifiablevoting AT yahoo.com
website: http://www.ncvoter.net

  • [internetworkers] Virus Removal, Adware Removal and Spyware removal help, Joyce McCloy, 08/06/2004